These are Brian Schoenbaechler's ramblings, rants, and raves about his life trying to grow his Small Business.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Business Books Worth Finding the Time to Read

In this article by BARBARA TAYLOR in the NY Times.

She recommends the following books.  I have read most these book and concur with her.  Running a small business which specializes in order fulfillment, takes a lot of time and effort.  However you must invest your time in moving your business forward by educating yourself on what the thought leaders are saying.

The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up
By Norm Brodsky and Bo Burlingham
I love Norm’s articles in Inc. I can’t believe I haven’t read his book.

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
By Malcolm Gladwell
I need this book to sit on the shelf alongside the Malcolm Gladwell book that I do own, Outliers: The Story of Success. Then I need to read them both.

The New Rules of Marketing and PR: How to Use News Releases, Blogs, Podcasting, Viral Marketing and Online Media to Reach Buyers Directly
By David Meerman Scott
I was a marketer in corporate America for many years, and am even more passionate about marketing now that I’m a small-business owner. The game is certainly changing, and I won’t be left behind.

The Buyout of America: How Private Equity Will Cause the Next Great Credit Crisis
By Joshua Kosman
I can’t resist a title like this. (You had me “Private Equity.”)

Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust
By Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
I credit Chris Brogan’s blog and tweets with teaching me most of what I know about social media marketing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home